[TYPO3-ect] Ideas to clean up TER

Franz Holzinger franz at ttproducts.de
Mon Jan 30 16:37:49 CET 2012

Hello

On 30/01/12 15:06, Xavier Perseguers wrote:
> because I don't use them anyway. If one uses them I would be in favor of
> finding some new maintainer or just drop it completely. But I know this
> is horrific for some people :)
Yes, even old unmaintained extension should not vanish.

> People using old extensions won't have them deleted, they just cannot
> install them again from TER but if they use them on other websites, it's
> simple to download the t3x from their and install it in another website,
> this is why I think it wouldn't be such a big deal... But again, I
> understand your point.

What about simply using the TYPO3 wiki page to list all those
unmaintained extensions? Then users of them can write comments there by
themselves. The extensions should be linked to a t3x file of the latest
version. The files could lie on the TYPO3 wiki server and should not be
removable by users. The link and title of the extension should not be
removable too. This would have the advantage that you had a search and
that users of an unmaintained extension could find other users to get
support for it. They can add their names and email addresses after an
extension name and ask for free or paid help there.

- Franz