[TYPO3-ect] TER clean up actions

Franz Holzinger franz at ttproducts.de
Mon Feb 20 12:14:18 CET 2012

On 19/02/12 11:00, Michael wrote:
> On 19/02/12 20:08, Franz Holzinger wrote:
>> not whole extensions should be marked as outdated but all old versions
>> of these extensions.
>
> I assume, Jigal meant *versions* of extensions.
>
> "In the TER database all versions of an extension have their own
> record." (quoting Jigal) Same in extensions.xml and in database table
> "cache_extensions".
>
> Should we use the terminology "extension record" in the future (which is
> in fact a version of an extension)?

Yes, Or lets call it "extension versions". Maybe it is easier to
understand what a version is than what the record is.

>> Also all extension versions in experimental state should be marked as
>> outdated.
>
> Good point! What's about extensions in "test" and "obsolete" state? I
> can't think about a situation where these extensions should come up in
> the TER search or in the EM.

I think that obsolete is a very similar to outdated.
However when an extension is marked as obsolete then AFAIK all versions
of it are not visible any more. It should not be possible to upload a
new version of an obsolete extension, because the further development of
this extension has been given up.
All obsolete extensions should always remain outdated.

> However, from a logical perspective, test and experimental extensions
> are not "outdated" automatically (that would be a wrong definition). So,
> I would not suggest that the intended script marks them as outdated, but
> we could consider to exclude these states from the TER search and EM by
> default, when someone is working on the changes anyway. What do you think?

Yes, like obsolete extensions also the exerimental and test extensions
should not be listed for a search.

> The current list of valid states is: alpha, beta, stable, experimental,
> test and obsolete.

yes

- Franz