[TYPO3-ect] Taxonomies / categories II

Mads Brunn mads at typoconsult.dk
Tue Oct 23 20:45:05 CEST 2007

Hi Michael

Thanks for your reply! :-)

Michael Cannon wrote:
> Mads,
>
> I know you gave an answer about enabling the Google suggest like option
> for selecting categories. However, it'd be nice to have that by default.

I was thinking about a BE interface where such things could be
configurated. Something like:

			enable		fieldtype	rootcategory

pages			yes		tree		0
tt_content		yes		autosuggest	30
sys_notes		no
static_languages	no
tt_news			yes		autosuggest	0

> I second the API request, especially if I'll be redoing some of my
> client publication system that heavily rely upon tt_news.

Well let's brainstorm a little about that. What would you expect in such
an API. Let me have some suggestions for functions.

> * Drag and drop category selection

Sigh, I knew it...

> * More information on how to use the categories on pages and content for
> selecting specific content via extension or automatically.

Examples?

Best regards

Mads Brunn