[TYPO3-ect] Spring and Symfony

Robert Lemke robert at typo3.org
Sat Oct 13 13:45:10 CEST 2007

Am 08.10.2007 um 09:02 schrieb Steffen Kamper:

> following the DAO-way would go in other direction like the new devlist
> discussions about creating native db classes.
> As ries is developing a t3lib_db for postgressql and oracle and
> Masi is
> looking for mysqli and stored sql  i think best would be to support
> them
> instead of doing it a different way.

Just a side note: 5.0 explicitly does not use DAOs but rather follows
the
concept of a Domain Model and its friends. Check out Martin Fowler's
"Patterns
of Enterprise Application Architecture" for more details.

However, I think that introducing Domain Model for 4.x doesn't make
sense nor is
viable.

robert
--