[TYPO3-ect] taxonomies / categories in TYPO3

Mads Brunn mads at typoconsult.dk
Thu Oct 11 09:57:06 CEST 2007

Steffen Kamper wrote:

> what's about making a little demo extension with such mm_relations so we can
> try together to get it proper work with TCA.
> It's difficult to discuss this only in theory because it need some
> investigation / try ( and error).
>
> vg Steffen

I think I have figured it out...

For an arbitrary table I'm going to create a fake category field using a
hook in the tceform class.

In the tcemain I will use the "processDatamap_postProcessFieldArray"
hook to unset this fake field (to avoid sql-errors). This way the
MM-relations gets written but the tcemain will not try to write the
number of relations to the field.

This way the categorization will work for any table in the $TCA without
the need to do any local configuration.

./mads