[TYPO3-ect] taxonomies / categories in TYPO3

Elmar Hinz elmar07 at googlemail.com
Wed Oct 10 13:02:48 CEST 2007

> I would also appreciate if the extension would work 'standalone', so
> that no other db table would have to be altered. I mean - the relations
> are stored in the mm-table anyway, so there is not really a need for a
> 'empty' db-field on every table that should be categorized.

Very good point. Because of this, it's possible categorize or tag any
existing extension and table by a generic approach "from outside". Even if
the the author doesn't directly cooperate in the beginning. It's possible
to weave it all together and to quickly establish a standard everybody will
use.

Regards

Elmar