[TYPO3-ect] taxonomies / categories in TYPO3

Franz Koch typo.removeformessage at fx-graefix.de
Wed Oct 10 12:40:28 CEST 2007

Hi,

> A technical question:
>
> I saw that you had asked a question on the dev-list regarding
> "MM-relations with metadata" (the "MM_match_fields" feature in tcemain).
> I have now implemented this feature in EXT:categories so that a common
> MM-table is used for all relations between the category table and other
> tables.

I would prefer using one mm_table for all relations, as you can do quite
powerfull searches with it.

I would also appreciate if the extension would work 'standalone', so
that no other db table would have to be altered. I mean - the relations
are stored in the mm-table anyway, so there is not really a need for a
'empty' db-field on every table that should be categorized. But I'm not
sure if the TCA can show not existing db-fields in TCEforms.

--
Kind regards,
Franz Koch