[TYPO3-ect] Spring and Symfony

Daniel Pötzinger operation-lan at gmx.de
Sun Oct 7 14:04:16 CEST 2007

Elmar Hinz schrieb:

>> TCA does not needfully  consists of all field the related table consists
>> of. (not a big issue)
>> TCA does not descripes relations between objects. Though there are thoose
>> foreigntable settings but they are not usefull for autogenerating
>> table/object relations.
>
> Yes, the TCA doesn't contain all necessary settings. It needs to be enriched
> for the FE i.e. by TS.
>
> Elmar

Sounds like the typical objectmappings of tables. Well for simple tables
it saves work and is nice.
But I think if you have this framework (i call it database objects) you
are somehow forced to think too much on database level. E.g. in most
applications its not enough to have this load/save/insert/delete methods
on a per table level.
If you build your applications more domain driven you would like to have
special functions which are relevant for the problems domain (e.g.
getSubItemsForCategory) - so a automapping can only be useful for some
specific tables/applications.
So it can just be a help for some tables where its useful and if it gets
more complex its better to write your own special functions for your
domain - than trying to autogenerate as much as possible (in my opinion)

Some time ago I started some base classes for this dbo (database
objects) - but they are far from perfect!
1)
http://typo3.org/extensions/repository/view/danp_libs/0.2.3/info/class.tx_danplibs_dbosimple.php/

Its a simple abstrakt base class which has just functions for reading
(load function has to be written by childrens)

2)
http://typo3.org/extensions/repository/view/danp_libs/0.2.3/info/class.tx_danplibs_dbo.php/

This is another try which loads TCA fields for a table and has a Load()
and a Insert..() function and is aware of languageOverlays. But its also
in a first state and never touched again :-(

greetings