[TYPO3-ect] Close to final alpha - Roadmap

Fabien Udriot fudriot at omic.ch
Tue Dec 18 23:38:09 CET 2007

Thanks for the quick answer (as usually) and the highlights.

> As you see I scheduled an example plugin with strict MVC style in
> bananas. Lib/div itself is more finegrained than simple MVC. (Would
> you place the RTE transformations into model or view?)

Well... according to the MVC definition, it seems to me to be a view's
task. But this being said, it is not a problem for me if it is elsewhere...

The view definition : renders the model into a form suitable for
interaction, typically a user interface element.

> A while ago I already hinted, that I would strip the TS configurable
> PoP from lib/div for some reasons and move it to an addon_extension.

Yes, I remember. A "lib__pop" ;)

As feedback, I would like to mention that I found this concept very nice
and I enjoyed to use it in my extensions. I didn't meet any difficulties
to use it. On the contrary ! So, I'm looking forward to see the concept
re-implemented back as extension. Will it be challenging ?

 > Well, a strict rule for file organisation is not required to use
 > lib/div. There are many good ways to organize the directories. It
 > depends on the targets of your project on which directory level you
 > want to separate model and view.
Perhaps... But I consider a strength in a community project when we have
clear guide lines and conventions that every one is able to understand
and follow. What a waste of time to dive into the developer's logic
again and again instead of having a common logic !

 >> If I understand well, bananas will be completed with 3 others
 >> folders which will present other programming coding style. (php4 -
 >> smarty - mvc)
 >
 > Right. I use the different styles as top level of the directory
 > structure to underline that they show very different alternatives.
A warm welcome to other examples... I tried to make my extension
re-working without success : when I put the controller on the root path
of the extension, I get a correct output, but when I place it in a
sub-directory, the defaultAction() is not exectuted with no error's
message. Maybe the point is that the setup.txt must be in the same
directory as the controller. I give up for tonight !

cheers,

Fabien