[TYPO3-core] [Poll[ Integrate Speaking URLs in to TYPO3 CMS7

Dmitry Dulepov dmitry.dulepov at gmail.com
Mon Mar 30 14:25:12 CEST 2015

Hi!

I must tell that I read only the top message and did not read others due
to lack of time.

Benjamin Mack wrote:
> 1) Integrate RealURL as additional system extension, stabilize for CMS 7
> usage for maximum performance and current PHP 5.5 code base. Slowly
> implement a new routing alternative (maybe Dmitry's RealURL 2) for CMS8
> or CMS9 based on standards that are up-to-date and easier to configure.

I am against integrating RealURL 1.x as a sysext. The code there is not
stable. Usually when anybody proposes a change, I have to modify the
proposed change because it breaks something else. I do not accept new
members to RealURL project on Forge exactly because most of proposed
changes break the extension in one way or the other. If it is integrated
to the core, anybody else can modify it and eventually it will get
broken like Extbase got broken with translations due to lack of knowldge
about TYPO3 localisation. I will not be able to help to repair RealURL
quickly because I mostly focused on my daily work these days.

I think this should be done differently. TYPO3 core should have a proper
routing layer, which will replace all that ugly
typolink->linkData->realurl chain. It also should be usable from BE to
create links and should take care of absRefPrefix, multidomains, etc.
This should be more or less automatic. Current RealURL is very bad in
terms of configurations. I planned that RealURL 2.0 will require minimal
or zero configuration. Routing layer should be like that.

To summarize:
- RealURL 1.x in the core: NO
- RealURL 2.x in the core: possible, dates unclear
- Routing in the core: best solution

--
Dmitry Dulepov

Today is a good day to have a good day.