[TYPO3-core] Domain model "page"

Bernhard Kraft kraftb at kraftb.at
Mon Mar 30 12:12:02 CEST 2015

Hi,

On 2015-02-20 15:04, Jigal van Hemert wrote:

> Nowadays many upgrades include a move from TemplaVoilà to Fluid
> templates. There is a team that keeps TV working (= keeps it compatible
> with new core versions), but it's not actively developed further.

I always liked some aspects of TemplaVoila in the same way as I disliked
some of them. Maybe I even liked and disliked some aspect at the same
time :) It's hard to explain ...

I guess the feature I liked most about TemplaVoila was that the original
template didn't had to get modified. You could simply hand it back to
some Designer for letting him make modifications.

> Now you like to see a fresh and modern approach included in the core.

The words "fresh" and "modern" just lead me to the same rather
philosophical question: How steers the ship?

I guess in the same way as web development recognized the needs for
responsiveness by adapting to different clients and devices we should
recognize requirements for the new stuff within TYPO3.

You have integrated a very nice MVC framework into the CMS I like. And
now you tell me you wouldn't add anything which makes daily use of this
framework easier. I should rather just recode my "Page" and "Menu"
domain model everytime I need it ...

This is why I wrote in my primary message that many people currently
have their own domain models which they just copy to any extension where
it is needed. Why not provide a set of small standard ones?

greetings,
Bernhard