[TYPO3-core] Distribution infrastructure

Jost Baron jost.baron at gmx.de
Sun Mar 29 18:44:43 CEST 2015

Hi!

I have two concerns regarding the distribution of TYPO3 source code.

1) It's not secured in any way, plain HTTP. And it is done via
SourceForge, which is known for inserting stuff into downloaders (see
[1]). They probably don't do it for TYPO3, but it's still worrying me.

It is of course a good idea to check the hash sums after downloads, but
I forget that more often than not.

2) It's slow. Right now, I'm downloading the 6.2.11 core at 30 to 50
KB/s on a server. Download rates at this level happen quite often recently.

Does someone share my concerns? If so, any ideas what could
realistically be done about? Setting up own infrastructure would
probably be to much work.

Regards,
Jost

  [1]: https://forum.filezilla-project.org/viewtopic.php?t=30240