[TYPO3-core] [Poll[ Integrate Speaking URLs in to TYPO3 CMS7

Philipp Gampe philipp.gampe at typo3.org
Mon Mar 23 12:50:38 CET 2015

Hi Andreas,

Andreas Allacher wrote:

> Actually, I disagree here because, e.g. if I rename a page, there should
> automatically be a redirect from the old page to the new page. Especially,
> regarding SEO. Might not be necessary all the time.

Thus this should be part of the page controller, right?

Again, please separate routing and "speaking" URLs. The core should support
the first and later add the second or allow custom implementations for the
second.

What needs to be done with renamed or "moved" records really depends on your
application logic.
Although pages have a special role inside TYPO3 CMS, I suggest to go for a
more generic implementation and only implement special features for pages if
really necessary. If implemented properly, speaking URLs do not have
problems with renames, because the id is given in the URL. Using only title
to id translation is a really bad idea, because it makes it impossible to
have the same page title multiple times in the same level or to recreate a
page with the same name while moving the old page to an archive.

Best regards
TYPO3 .... inspiring people to share!