[TYPO3-core] [Poll[ Integrate Speaking URLs in to TYPO3 CMS7

Christian Kuhn lolli at schwarzbu.ch
Wed Mar 18 18:22:05 CET 2015

Hey.

First, I want to make clear that I do not want to harm Dmitry in any way
with my decent answers in this thread. Dmitry did a great job in
maintaining realurl for lots of years and I'm very thankful for all the
things he did to keep this complicated code with tons of dependencies in
a state where it always worked and never substantially broke. That is
awesome.
However, CMS is now in a state where routing must be part of the core
functionality. For whatever solution we find to this, I would highly
appreciate if Dmitry stays part and helps with all the experience he has
in this area.

On 15.03.2015 17:21, Benjamin Mack wrote:
> 3) A different idea which I didn't see yet?

After the discussion on this list it seems there is another option:

* Create a fresh extension with a new name that provides basic routing.
* Pick over those parts from realurl that are essential to solve the
main problem.
* Leave out those parts that tend to trigger problems (like for example
the decode cache if you have multiple news with the same title).
* The extension will be created and maintained by a group of core near
people and kept in sync with core master development.
* A TER release could be done to resolve needs of for example the
packages / distributions.
* It can be decided later if that is merged to CMS core or just kept as
dependency of the distribution.
* The extension then could later be slowly adapted to "fancy routing
2.0", implementing more sophisticated and additional features in a clean
way.
* Result is a barebone extension. If that is not enough, projects could
still switch to something different. There is no naming conflict.

Regards
Christian