[TYPO3-core] [Poll[ Integrate Speaking URLs in to TYPO3 CMS7

Peter Niederlag peter.niederlag at typo3.org
Wed Mar 18 17:31:57 CET 2015

Hi,

On 18.03.2015 15:53, Christian Kuhn wrote:
> Hey.
[...]
> cooluri and realurl is like pest / cholera. I choose realurl as hell
> since more people know it and way more people use it over cooluri.

you put the labels here. Your labels are strong signals to NOT include
them in core.

Now as I know the full story behind the question I see at least one good
argument for including realurl into the core.

As it would be part of the core realurl could drop legacy code to
support old versions of TYPO3 core.

I guess you plan to add some wizards/help to assist people in the
forseen scenario of mixed system and local/(TER) installations? For
example when updating? realurl must still be provided in TER for old
Versions so it could lead to unclear situations on wether which version
belongs to what. That's even worse if the code base is going to fork.

To me it seems it's more about a social conflict of the development
strategy of realurl that requires a fork. Well then, fork it and give it
a different name. Even better, try to pull Dmitry into the boat.

[...]

Greets,
Peter