[TYPO3-core] [Poll[ Integrate Speaking URLs in to TYPO3 CMS7

Jigal van Hemert jigal.van.hemert at typo3.org
Wed Mar 18 16:49:26 CET 2015

Hi,

On 18/03/2015 15:31, Mathias Brodala wrote:
> You don't need the distribution package for a working frontend in CMS 7
> and I don't get why realurl is a dependency for the introduction
> package.

Speaking URLs are a requirement for each and every project we build. Not
having routing in a CMS makes it a no-go for many potential users.
Therefore the demonstration package simply *had* to include it.

> Firstly speaking URLs are not necessary to have a working
> frontend.

Technically speaking you're right, but there is no client who will
accept it in a project. So far not having a working RealURL version has
stopped us from starting projects with CMS7.

I still have to think if the api-layer is enough to start using it. On
the other hand, if it would be included in the core, the not-so-nice
solution could be acceptable as a beginning and we could move to the
core-realurl once that is available.

--
Jigal van Hemert
TYPO3 CMS Active Contributor