[TYPO3-core] [Poll[ Integrate Speaking URLs in to TYPO3 CMS7

Jigal van Hemert jigal.van.hemert at typo3.org
Sun Mar 15 22:06:56 CET 2015

Hi,

On 15/03/2015 17:21, Benjamin Mack wrote:
> in the past years, there were (in my eyes) quite a majority of claiming
> that "Speaking URLs" in a enterprise manner should be part of the core.

True, for the first time in years I came across a site which used
simulate static and I've only used coolURI only once (just a choice to
use one solution as standard). All the projects have "speaking URLs" as
a requirement so far.

> 1) Integrate RealURL as additional system extension, stabilize for CMS 7
> usage for maximum performance and current PHP 5.5 code base. Slowly
> implement a new routing alternative (maybe Dmitry's RealURL 2) for CMS8
> or CMS9 based on standards that are up-to-date and easier to configure.

As Christian already indicated, building a new solution takes quite a
while. The most practical solution is to include RealURL.

> 2) Come up with a full-fletched URL generating alternative for CMS7. I'm

Long term solution, but not if we want to ship something with CMS7.

--
Jigal van Hemert
TYPO3 CMS Active Contributor

TYPO3 .... inspiring people to share!