[TYPO3-core] Regression in TYPO3 6.2 after introduction of composer class loader

François Suter fsu-lists at cobweb.ch
Tue Jan 27 09:43:11 CET 2015

Hi all,

Commit 15bde67 [1] which is entitled "Use composer class loader for
better performance" introduced a regression in TYPO3 6.2. From what I
understand some form of class mapping (new names to old names) is not
happening anymore. Here is one example where I observe the change behavior:

1) I have an installation with templavoila (latest version possible for 6.2)
2) I edit a news item (from extension "news") and save it
3) the following exception is thrown:

#1: PHP Catchable Fatal Error: Argument 4 passed to
tx_templavoila_tcemain::processDatamap_preProcessFieldArray() must be an
instance of t3lib_TCEmain, instance of
TYPO3\CMS\Core\DataHandling\DataHandler given, called in
/.../typo3/sysext/core/Classes/DataHandling/DataHandler.php on line 949
and defined in
/.../typo3conf/ext/templavoila/class.tx_templavoila_tcemain.php line 71

This is because the DataHandler hook called in templavoila uses explicit
types in the class signature.

So my guess is that some form of mapping happened before commit 15bde67
which made it so that old class names were recognized in such situations.

This is a pretty bad issue as it is going to break many extensions which
try to be compatible with both 4.5 and 6.2.

Any idea how this can be fixed (besides reverting 15bde67)?

Cheers

--

Francois Suter

Work: Cobweb Development Sarl - http://www.cobweb.ch