[TYPO3-core] #53682, PHP 5.5.6, call-time pass-by-reference, PHP 5.6

Markus Klein klein.t3 at reelworx.at
Thu Feb 26 23:07:49 CET 2015

Hi Henrik,

I honestly have no idea how many things in an old 4.7 installation will break when running it with PHP 5.6.
I'm really not sure if it's worth the hassle to make 4.7 compatible with PHP 5.6.
I'd recommend to dump the database and take a tar of the files, import all that in a virtual machine where you've PHP 5.4 or so at hand and do an upgrade to 6.2 immediately.

Only 6.2+ supports PHP 5.6.

Kind regards
Markus

Markus Klein
TYPO3 CMS Active Contributors Team Member