[TYPO3-core] FAL: get rid of fileadmin/_processed_ and use typo3temp instead?

bernd wilke t3ng at bernd-wilke.net
Mon Sep 22 08:34:11 CEST 2014

Am 21.09.14 23:17, schrieb Helmut Hummel:
> Hi Frans.
>
> On 21.09.14 17:17, Frans Saris wrote:
>
>> It makes
>> sense to have the processed files outside the storage when it is a
>> realonly
>> storage.
>
> Hm … readonly is a a good point.

I already opend a ticket:
https://forge.typo3.org/issues/61463

>> Maybe we can create an option to link the processed folder to
>> typo3temp/processed/###STORAGE_UID###/
>
> This would break storage / driver abstraction.
>
> If anything, it should be possible that a processed folder of one
> storage can be configured to be located in a different storage.
>
> But I'm not quite sure what this would mean for the refactoring of
> processing to allow remote processing).

I don't think typo3temp to be a good place as typo3temp may be deleted
more often than neccessary for processed files.
special case: We have a readonly mounted partition with a lot of files.
the response time for handling this is lousy already [1]. loosing the
processed files (thumbnail-preview) would increase access time dramatically.

I would prefer to be free in the selection of the processed folder, so
everyone can choose a folder by his needs. it may be a subfolder of the
file storage, a folder beyond typo3temp/, or a new folder
processed/<storage-id>/ in webroot.

[1] https://forge.typo3.org/issues/57811
(this is still not solved in 6.1!)

bernd