[TYPO3-core] FAL: get rid of fileadmin/_processed_ and use typo3temp instead?

Markus Klein klein.t3 at reelworx.at
Mon Sep 22 01:08:47 CEST 2014

Hi Helmut!

I didn't read the whole thread here, but after reading your answer one thing comes immediately to my mind:
What about read-only storages?
I agree that processed files are only variants, but I disagree that those have to be stored in the same storage.

I even ask the general question: Why would I store a processed file in the storage of the original file, if I had no usage of this file in the storage?
A processed file is only relevant to the CMS, but usually not for the editor, the storage or anyone else.
Example: I don't want the processed files to be stored on my dropbox account, but I want to use my images from the cloud storage.

Kind regards
Markus

Markus Klein
TYPO3 CMS Active Contributors Team Member