[TYPO3-core] Commits to 4.7 and 6.1 branches?

Jigal van Hemert jigal.van.hemert at typo3.org
Wed Nov 19 16:18:30 CET 2014

Hi,

On 19/11/2014 10:38, François Suter wrote:
> This morning a bug fix was backported to the 6.1 and 4.7 branches,
> although they are not supported anymore. Does it mean there might be a
> further release?

This morning a long pending fix for prototype for IE was merged (for
4.5, 4.7, 6.1 and 6.2). The issue is also solved upstream.
It was an issue without any side effects and because all branches used
the same prototype version the backports were easily done by
cherry-picking in gerrit.
It might be a useful fix for people using the git version of these
branches and merging the backports was less work than changing the
commit message and abandoning the patches for 4.7 and 6.1

> I'm asking because I found a regression in 6.1 recently and just
> corrected it locally because I didn't expect a further release. It is
> for a site which is planned to be upgrade to 6.2 soon, but in the
> meantime that particular bug is blocking our client.
>
> Is it worth submitting a patch or not?

If it's not in 6.2 chances are that it might not be reviewed. I
personally wouldn't take the trouble anymore to patch 4.7 or 6.1, but in
this case the patch originated from the time when these branches were
still supported.

--
Jigal van Hemert
TYPO3 CMS Active Contributor