[TYPO3-core] Re: RFC: Integrate Doctrine2 into TYPO3 CMS

Steffen Kamper info at sk-typo3.de
Sat May 31 15:03:57 CEST 2014

Hi,

i didn't read all of the answers, so sorry if i duplicate something.

Have you took a look at this one?
http://konafets.github.io/thesis/

I worked over the last years a lot with symfony (1+2) so i know doctrine very wel, and i love the way doctrine handles DB. It's solid stable and complex, which allows all kind of query building. Even the magic getters are wonderful.

I would use Doctrine for any new created framework, but i have doubts on integration in TYPO3.
Maybe it can be used independent like the extbase layer, but full integration would also raise question for integration in TCE. It's a huge load of work, as TYPO3 never really used abstract handling of DB calls ( I don't see $GLOBALS[TYPO3_DB] as a really abstraction).

However, i always prefer stable 3rdparty libs, no need to redo everything again and again.