[TYPO3-core] trustedHostsPattern

Xavier Perseguers xavier at typo3.org
Thu May 22 13:50:38 CEST 2014

Hi,

> On 22-5-2014 12:33, Tomas Norre Mikkelsen wrote:
>> $GLOBALS['TYPO3_CONF_VARS']['SYS']['trustedHostsPattern']
>>
>> break my installation as we you different domains for frontend and
>> backend.
>
> I think a little more information about the server setup and the
> configuration is necessary to see why it didn't work for you.
>
> If the server provides the correct server name it will work with
> different domains for frontend and backend without custom configuration.

Well not in all cases, as the port is tested as well. I had two
different cases with my various servers/websites:

1) Use of flexible SSL with CloudFlare, client connects to CloudFlare on
443 but CF connects to the server on 80, https:// was detected but port
did not match. Automatically fixed by using latest version of EXT:cloudflare

2) Use of a proxy nginx server, listening on 80 but forwarding to 8080
instead of 80, this failed and I had to manually set trustedHostsPattern
in localconf.php and could not rely on what the web server sent

I had of course many other websites where everything went smoothly but
just two "basic" examples where the upgrade crashed and how I solved it.

All in all, what I miss in the error message (or in some error log if
info is sensible) is a detailed description of why it failed. For the
8080 port for instance, I totally forgot about this special port and had
to debug the exception thrown to understand why it failed and thus how
best I should solve it.

Cheers

--
Xavier Perseguers