[TYPO3-core] [Wrap-up] Workflow for changing documentation

Oliver Hader oliver.hader at typo3.org
Wed May 21 11:56:04 CEST 2014

Hi,

Am 20.05.14 09:12, schrieb Xavier Perseguers:
> Hi,
>
> As discussed yesterday during our doc-team meeting [1], Francois asked
> me to prepare this wrap-up.
>

> tl;dr
> -----
>
> - We should move official manuals to Github in order to simplify the
> contribution workflow, by adding a "edit me on github" button/link on
> each chapter
>
> - Was inspired by many projects having this workflow. Just an example
> with elasticsearch [2] and Fluid Power TYPO3 [3].
>
> - Patch for our template to include the "edit" link is to be found in
> message [4]

Thanks for forwarding these thoughts to this list for getting feedback.

The issue, that forks look official but aren't cannot really be
prevented. Already now anybody can fork or put the documentation to some
own repository, webpage, blog or whatever. Google is the first instance
to finally get to the documentation. If newcomer folks know
docs.typo3.org or typo3.org we can point them to the right direction.

In general, I'm totally +1 for easing the workflow for non-coders that
don't have a proper Git/Gerrit setup (with commit hooks, public keys, etc.).

All the best
Olly
--
Oliver Hader