[TYPO3-core] Copyright-year in headers

Ernesto Baschny eb at cron.eu
Wed May 14 18:57:52 CEST 2014

Hi,

after some digging around, here are my thoughts:

Pointing to our "LICENSE.txt" file for "copyright and licensing"
information is misleading. Our LICENSE.txt file needs updates if we do
that. Currently it states the whole core is copyrighted by "Kasper
2003-2009".

In fact we should be pointing to the GPL.txt file (or to the webpage)
just like proposed by GPL [1]:

	"You should have received a copy of the GNU General Public
License along with this program.  If not, see
<http://www.gnu.org/licenses/>."

I am not sure why the Flow team dropped this phrase, maybe the GPL is
already so well known that this pointer is considered obsolete? If this
is legally okey, I would also opt for #8, which just drops this referral.

If we go with #9, we must make sure that we don't point to our
"LICENSE.txt" file but use the standard GPL phrase mentioned above ("you
should have received...").

In any case, we must make sure that we don't change the license - i.e.
point to "version 2 or later" (instead of "version 3 or later"), so it
still has this slight difference from the Flow headers.

Cheers,
Ernesto

[1] http://www.gnu.org/licenses/gpl-howto.en.html