[TYPO3-core] RFC: Blueprint standalone unit tests

Christian Kuhn lolli at schwarzbu.ch
Tue May 6 20:29:10 CEST 2014

Hey.

On 05/06/2014 12:12 PM, Steffen Müller wrote:
> The steps in "[DRAFT] Executing core functional tests in TYPO3 CMS 6.2"
> [4] lead to errors on my machine due to failed DB connects. Did not yet
> find the reason. It would be helpful to get some explanation, what TYPO3
> specific things are installed with composer. Giving an overview  about
> what we have makes it easier to understand what happens (and how to fix
> issues).

If you verified correct db credentials, please make sure that the user
can create new databases (they are named "originaldb-hash") and that you
do not run into a "strict standards" issue. These are the two cases I
stumbled upon, too.

The first issue "should" be thrown as exception with sane explanation
and a mysql command to set according rights, but phpunit 3.7 has an
issue with "eating" exceptions thrown in setUp() code, so the exception
might not be shown to you, instead you then typically get a fail in
tearDown(). I hope this is fixed as soon as we upgraded to phpunit 4 (I
have a [WIP] patch for that).

I must admit that debugging issues that happen during setUp() in
functional tests is no fun since no meaningful message is given, hope
this improves soon.

Regards
Christian