[TYPO3-core] BE usergroup not applied to new pages, change or bug?

Loek Hilgersom loek at netcoop.nl
Mon May 5 13:28:52 CEST 2014

Hi all,

I just discovered that on a new site running v6.2.1, all the new pages created
in the backend do not get the first usergroup applied, although all BE-users are
member of one or more usergroups.

Afaik, the behaviour used to be that new pages would belong to the BE-usergroup
that was first in the list of groups of the user who created the page.

I know I can also set this with TCEMAIN.permissions in TSconfig, but I wonder if
the change was intentional or a regression.

Loek