[TYPO3-core] Renaming the "Clear all cache" menu item?

Xavier Perseguers xavier at typo3.org
Thu Mar 20 18:44:29 CET 2014

>> But what about renaming the menu item? I have no brilliant idea, but I
>> think that something like "Clear general caches" is better. What do you
>> think?
>
> +1 to rename it, good catch, that issue also was in my mind (somewhere).
>
> The tooltip explains: "Clear all caches, including frontend caches, and
> extension-specific caches. Compile-time caches / system caches that are
> needed for TYPO3 to run are not touched."
>
> Difficult to put that in one or two words. Because it includes the
> "frontend caches" but also some extension caches. Maybe we could just
> the use this info for the label?

it includes Frontend and extensions but that's not all, so "Clear all
general caches" would be sensibly similar to what we had before
(Frontend is there, extensions as well, ...) but implies that
non-general caches thus "low-level" are not included.

Just (another) idea.

--
Xavier Perseguers
TYPO3 CMS Team Member