[TYPO3-core] Copyright-year in license-headers

Michael Schams typo3ml at schams.net
Fri Mar 7 09:01:51 CET 2014

On 21/02/14 19:23, Fabien Udriot wrote:

> Before starting the poll, I would put the license header somewhere on-line to get the feeling how it
> will look like eventually.

I gathered some examples and created a document:

https://db.tt/0tTIq3oc

The first version (v20140307) contains 11 examples:

Example 1: Current State
Example 2: Current State Without Year
Example 3: Current State Without Year And Without Author
Example 4: Copyright Headers In TYPO3 Flow
Example 5: Copyright Headers In Symfony
Example 6: Copyright Headers In Drupal
Example 7: Copyright Headers In Joomla
Example 8: Simplified Copyright Headers With GPL Note
Example 9: Copyright Headers Pointing To A License File (1)
Example 10: Copyright Headers Pointing To A License File (2)
Example 11: Minimalist Copyright Headers

Feel free to review it and post your comments. My personal preference
would be example 11, but I am not a developer :-)

We also need to decide to put the "namespace..." statement above or
below the copyright header, if there is no CGL policy in place yet. Flow
does it above, but most other projects seem to have the copyright
headers directly below the opening PHP tag <?php

Cheers
Michael

PS: just a little bit more than 2 weeks away of the 6.2 release. Don't
tell me, someone would not mind to have "copyright 2013" in the headers
of this release ;-)