[TYPO3-core] After the LTS is before the LTS

Kay Strobach typo3 at kay-strobach.de
Tue Jun 24 06:52:45 CEST 2014

Hi Ernesto,

in general i like the idea.

But there is one thing i would consider.

Current Int(dot)Int(dot)Int version scheme does not say anyhting about the age of a release.

I would like to see, that we stick to sth. like Ubuntu uses:

Year.Month-Patchlevel (the minus can IMHO be replaced with a dot as well to stay compatible).

This version scheme directly shows how old a particular installation is (no need to remember the release schedule).

LTS Versions can IMHO be appended with the Label LTS or simply defined to be released in a particular month or whatever.

Thanks in advice
Kay