[TYPO3-core] Double backslash for namespace

Markus Klein klein.t3 at mfc-linz.at
Tue Jun 17 11:57:20 CEST 2014

Hi!

Very interesting.

Compare
http://www.php.net/manual/de/language.types.string.php
and
http://www.php.net/manual/en/language.types.string.php

looks like the German version (which is actually still in English) is more up to date than the English version.
At least the German version already mentions PHP6 and does not impose a memory limit for strings.

If I consider what they say in the German version, I'd also opt for changing this to single backslash, as it eases readability and speeds up development as you can simply copy the namespace and there's no need to insert the backslashes manually.
I quickly tested Bernhard's example on PHP 5.3.x and it works just fine.

Kind regards
Markus

Markus Klein
TYPO3 CMS Active Contributors Team Member