[TYPO3-core] Voting for the new release cycles for TYPO3 CMS

Ernesto Baschny eb at cron.eu
Mon Jul 28 15:57:51 CEST 2014

bernd wilke schrieb am 28.07.2014 13:33:

>> after a long preparation phase, discussions and refinement, we ask the
>> whole TYPO3 Community to vote on the new concept for the release cycles
>> for our TYPO3 CMS product in future.
>>
>> Every member of the TYPO3 Community (all active contributors, extension
>> authors, Association members, team members, mailing list participants,
>> TYPO3 users etc) is invited to participate.
>>
>> Please read (or re-read) the Blueprint:
>>
>> http://wiki.typo3.org/Blueprints/Release
>>
>> And afterwards give one vote on the matter on this Doodle:
>>
>> https://doodle.com/vw5wwxds3b3952yv
>
> voting for something in a wiki, which can be changed from everyone
> everytime?
>
> I think a copy transfered to a static version might be more trustworthy.

That's perfectly valid point, but unavoidable. As an example, I just
fixed minor inconsistencies in the document after the voting started,
you might have noticed:

http://wiki.typo3.org/wiki/index.php?title=Blueprints%2FRelease&diff=73091&oldid=73088

Gladly you can refer to the specific version in Wiki, and even see the
history of changes. Which is not possible in case of a "static version",
which I could alter any time without you even noting. So in my opinion
the Wiki is much more trustworthy than other means (considering that we
do not have Admin access to this wiki of course...)

So basically you are agreeing to this:

http://wiki.typo3.org/wiki/index.php?title=Blueprints/Release&oldid=73091

which is "unchangeable".

Cheers,