[TYPO3-core] After the LTS is before the LTS

François Suter fsu-lists at cobweb.ch
Sun Jul 27 21:40:25 CEST 2014

Hi Ernesto (and all),

> Please take a closer look at it, as we will start to vote on that pretty
> soon.

The blueprint has matured nicely and the proposal looks good. I have
been thinking about the impact for documentation. I would propose the
following (not yet discussed inside the Documentation Team):

After the release of a LTS version (and maybe after a short
stabilization phase), the Documentation Team creates branches for all
maintained manuals so that news features can start being added. However
the documentation is "developed" continuously until the next LTS
release, i.e. the Doc Team would not try to have the documentation ready
at each EAR release. I would imagine marking the documentation as 7.x,
then mark it as 7.23 (to keep in line with the example in the blueprint)
once the LTS release happens.

So the Doc Team would try to keep as up to date as possible during the
development process, but would really polish things (and create new
documentations branches) only for the actual LTS versions.

Does that sound reasonable?

Cheers

--

Francois Suter