[TYPO3-core] How to run the functional tests locally?

Christian Kuhn lolli at schwarzbu.ch
Tue Jan 28 00:29:21 CET 2014

Hey.

On 01/23/2014 04:18 PM, François Suter wrote:
> After many more errors, I finally got things running. One error in
> particular was in
> \TYPO3\CMS\Core\Tests\FunctionalTestCaseBootstrapUtility::tearDownTestDatabase()
> which was complaining about $database not being an object at the point.
> During various tries to get some debug output, I suddenly had a
> different message saying:
>
> UnexpectedValueException: The package "about" depends on
> "typo3/cms/core" which is not present in the system.
>
> in every test.
>
> Removing the "about" package allowed to run all tests with success.
>
> I hope the above error means something to someone.

Thx. Stumbled upon that, too.

After a debug orgy, this seems to be related to PackageStates.php
created for the test instance. The functional test setup goes through
quite some hell to have a perfect separated environment, but the package
manager currently reads PackageStates.php from the "existing" instance,
which can fail later on. This needs to be separated again.

I have a rough patch ready and will check with Thomas.

Regards
Christian