[TYPO3-core] How to run the functional tests locally?

François Suter fsu-lists at cobweb.ch
Thu Jan 23 16:18:24 CET 2014

Hi again,

>> Do you use a AdditionalConfiguration for your database settings?
>
> No, I don't. I really have no clue what's going on here.

In fact, you were right ;-) I got confused between test instances. Too
many of them...

After many more errors, I finally got things running. One error in
particular was in
\TYPO3\CMS\Core\Tests\FunctionalTestCaseBootstrapUtility::tearDownTestDatabase()
which was complaining about $database not being an object at the point.
During various tries to get some debug output, I suddenly had a
different message saying:

UnexpectedValueException: The package "about" depends on
"typo3/cms/core" which is not present in the system.

in every test.

Removing the "about" package allowed to run all tests with success.

I hope the above error means something to someone.

Cheers

--

Francois Suter

Work: Cobweb Development Sarl - http://www.cobweb.ch