[TYPO3-core] subheader for all types, not just "header"?

JoH asenau info at cybercraft.de
Mon Jan 27 17:17:43 CET 2014

>> CType "Header" is the only type that makes use of text but hasn't got
>> any bodytext field with or without RTE. CTypes "Text", "Text w/Image"
>> and the like can easily set a subheader using the RTE or just some HTML
>> in the bodytext field, which would be impossible with "Header".
>
> [...]
>
> Well, in my case here they had a separation-line after header (or if
> subheader is set then below subheader). For that they used the
> <hgroup>-tag for styling. And it works quite well if you are able to
> input a subheader in the first place :-)
>
> Putting "the subheader in the RTE" has a totally different meaning.

Of course it has, but you asked about the reason why it was made that way.
Since it dates back from the times when there was no HTML5 on the
horizon, I guess we can safely enable it for any CType (except
Mailform), so people can make use of it the way you described it.

Rock on!

Joey

Dieter Nuhr, German comedian
Xing: http://contact.cybercraft.de