[TYPO3-core] subheader for all types, not just "header"?

Stefan Neufeind typo3.neufeind at speedpartner.de
Mon Jan 27 15:39:42 CET 2014

On 01/27/2014 08:43 AM, Benjamin Mack wrote:

> On 26.01.14 00:28, Stefan Neufeind wrote:
>> But is there really a reason why "subheader" is not commonly shown?
> There is no reason (anymore).
>
>> Or if not, might we consider to just use the palette "headers" instead
>> of "header" for all content-types?
> Yeah, that would be consistent.
>
> However, I could imagine that the editors have problems with having
> header (incl. header date, header link, header type) and subheader (no
> options, why-so-ever) plus bodytext.
>
> How about this:
>
> * For CType "header" we remove "subheader" and integrate "bodytext" as
> type "input" not type "text".
> * we have a migration wizard to move all CType header "subheader" to
> "bodytext" (it's basically a one-liner SQL).
> * we adapt the CSS Styled Content output.
> * We remove subheader completely from the system
>
> My concern is this: One field less is less confusion. Seems like nobody
> missed it before, why adding it now "because we can"? tt_content is
> bloated anyway already :)

[...]

Well, I needed it. And editors asked by they had a "subheader" in one
place but not in the other. Personally I'm fine with "subheader" having
less options. And I didn't want to open the can of worms about
discussing whether we should remove this or that, create a
migration-wizard and the like. So my aim was just to make "available
what is already there".

Kind regards,
 Stefan Neufeind