[TYPO3-core] Removing legacy CSC templates

Stefan Neufeind typo3.neufeind at speedpartner.de
Thu Jan 23 10:15:47 CET 2014

On 01/22/2014 04:17 PM, Patrick Broens wrote:
> On 20-1-14 10:09 , Steffen Ritter wrote:
>> Hi,
>> Am 20.01.14 09:50, schrieb Ernesto Baschny:
>>> What's your opinion on that and do you see any other side effects,
>>> drawbacks of leaving them removed for the 6.2 release?
>>
>> Actually, did anyone test them? All the PHP changes in 4.7 in line with
>> the adaption of CSC and afterwards the changes in 6.0 with FAL - both
>> PHP and CSC.
>> I doubt that the old TypoScript can work anyhow :)
>
> Hey,
>
> I think it will still work, also with the changes of 4.7, because an
> extra rendermode for the images was added, to keep the backwards
> compatibility. The old code of these TS templates still worked at the
> time I did the changes for 4.7.
>
> Also the FAL implementation should not cause any trouble.
>
> Because this removal is about 3.8 till 4.4, I don't think this would be
> a problem, and I agree with the removal.
>
> If someone still needs it, we could provide the old TS templates (3.8
> ... 4.4) as an extension on the TER.

I personally don't think we'll need pre-4.5-CSC with 6.2 anymore. But if
people feel uneasy about that "drastical change", maybe move them to an
ext in TER. For shipping them with 6.2 (although not installed by
default) I don't see a real reason. We suggest everybody should at least
upgrade to 4.5 before going to 6.2 anyway.

Kind regards,
 Stefan