[TYPO3-core] Removing legacy CSC templates

Patrick Broens patrick.broens at typo3.org
Wed Jan 22 16:17:51 CET 2014

On 20-1-14 10:09 , Steffen Ritter wrote:
> Hi,
> Am 20.01.14 09:50, schrieb Ernesto Baschny:
>> What's your opinion on that and do you see any other side effects,
>> drawbacks of leaving them removed for the 6.2 release?
>
> Actually, did anyone test them? All the PHP changes in 4.7 in line with
> the adaption of CSC and afterwards the changes in 6.0 with FAL - both
> PHP and CSC.
> I doubt that the old TypoScript can work anyhow :)
>
> regards
>
> Steffen

Hey,

I think it will still work, also with the changes of 4.7, because an
extra rendermode for the images was added, to keep the backwards
compatibility. The old code of these TS templates still worked at the
time I did the changes for 4.7.

Also the FAL implementation should not cause any trouble.

Because this removal is about 3.8 till 4.4, I don't think this would be
a problem, and I agree with the removal.

If someone still needs it, we could provide the old TS templates (3.8
... 4.4) as an extension on the TER.

--
Patrick Broens
TYPO3 Core Team member