[TYPO3-core] Release of TYPO3 CMS 6.2 LTS beta4?

Ernesto Baschny ernesto.baschny at typo3.org
Thu Jan 16 20:42:07 CET 2014

Oliver Hader schrieb am 16.01.2014 10:33:
> Hi Thomas,
>
> Am 16.01.14 08:47, schrieb Thomas Hohn:
>> Hi
>>
>> What is that status for the release of TYPO3 CMS 6.2 LTS beta4?
>>
>> As I remember - it should have been released on the 14'th of January - but
>> it's not possible to download it yet on typo3.org
>
> Thank you for this question and interest in TYPO3 6.2.
>
> Your assumption is correct - no release notes and download link actually
> means, that there is no new release. We are currently concentrating on
> some performance topics (albeit the whole topic and the accordant
> workpackage is continued) and thus asked Ernesto to wait two more days
> with the beta4 release.
>
> So, one could expect to have 6.2 beta4 being released this late
> afternoon. Thanks for your understanding.

Or late this night.. Or even tomorrow morning. :) Let it surprise you!

I'll announce it when it's ready through this list, don't worry.

Side-note: The "beta-releases plan" was done several weeks ago and it is
currently more efficient to "release a beta when it makes sense",
meaning when we have a certain amount of new improvements ready to be
tested by the "masses". So don't take the exact dates from the release
roadmap as carved in stone.

Of course this doesn't hold for the final release date, which is
actually carved in stone. :)

Cheers,
Ernesto

--