[TYPO3-core] Removing feature of compressing and merging external files

Jigal van Hemert jigal.van.hemert at typo3.org
Tue Jan 7 21:05:36 CET 2014

Hi,

On 7-1-2014 20:31, Helmut Hummel wrote:
> On 07.01.14 16:29, Jigal van Hemert wrote:
>> On 7-1-2014 15:34, Helmut Hummel wrote:
>>> In how many client projects did you do so? What was the file you
>>> integrated like that?
>>
>> IMO incorrect to make this personally. We all implemented things that we
>> personally never needed and perhaps never will need.
>
> Sorry. This was not meant personally. I'm asking the question seriously
> if anybody used this feature in any project. If nobody uses it, why keep
> it?

Sorry, it wasn't meant as "personally" as it sounded. It was more like:
I never used safe_mode in any project and still made quite a few patches
for 4.5 to support that.
With this feature I'm sure there are folks that need/want it. But both
for keeping it and for removing it I can't come up with any statistics...

--
Jigal van Hemert
TYPO3 CMS Active Contributor

TYPO3 .... inspiring people to share!