[TYPO3-core] Raise MySQL requirements?

Jigal van Hemert jigal.van.hemert at typo3.org
Tue Jan 7 16:55:02 CET 2014

Hi,

According to Oracle Lifetime Support Policy [1] the Premier Support has
ended for MySQL 5.1. It's also mentioned on the Reference Manual page
[2] as "End of Product Lifecycle" that "Active development for MySQL
Database Server version 5.1 has ended".

On the Ubuntu 13.10 distribution I installed last weekend MySQL 5.6 was
installed by default through the package manager.
Maybe it's time to raise the requirements?

Lower limit.
It might be the case that some LTS distributions still ship with MySQL
5.1, so we should keep that perhaps? (As a side note: MySQL jumped from
5.1 to 5.5, so 5.2, 5.3 or 5.4 never existed)

Upper limit.
Latest versions are 5.6.15, 5.5.35 (5.7.x are still "Milestone"
releases). Maybe it's time for 6.2 to also support 5.6.x?

What do you think?

[1]
http://www.oracle.com/us/support/library/lifetime-support-technology-069183.pdf
[2] http://dev.mysql.com/doc/refman/5.1/en/index.html