[TYPO3-core] Changing behavior of the TEXT cObject

Jigal van Hemert jigal.van.hemert at typo3.org
Thu Feb 6 16:18:18 CET 2014

Hi,

On 6-2-2014 15:59, JoH asenau wrote:
> Am 06.02.2014 15:18, schrieb Jigal van Hemert:
>> +0 for adding the stdWrap properties to the root of every other object
>> (not against it, but it wouldn't add much advantages)
>
> The goal of the original poster was to get a consistent usage of stdWrap
> for all cObjects, so at least this would be acchieved.

Each content object has its own properties plus stdWrap. For TEXT this
is also the case; it's just that its "own" properties are the same as
those from stdWrap :-)

>  From the performance point of view the impact would be neglectable.
> But readability would be slightly improved without having to use stdWrap
> before each and every property.

True. And it's also completely backwards compatible.
OTOH, there is no real problem that needs to be fixed. Therefore a +0
(not negative, but I personally don't see the need for it).

> So IMHO, if someone is willing to do it, at least it would not hurt too
> much.

Agree; it wouldn't hurt too much.

--
Jigal van Hemert