[TYPO3-core] Status icons in 7.0

François Suter fsu-lists at cobweb.ch
Wed Dec 10 21:28:58 CET 2014

Hi 7elix,

> Let be start from the intention: We tried to sum the ideas and
> intentions up in the Iconography "documentation" at
> https://forge.typo3.org/issues/62158. So the black+white flat vector
> font icons should be reserved for actions icons only. So for icons that
> directly after the click start an action/process.

Thanks for the reference.

> Error / Status-icons no not fit the description of action icons in my
> opinion.
>
> The other way around I am not sure why any status icon is replaced :/
> Only IconUtility action-* should be monochromatic vector icon following
> the description in #62158.
>
> How to continue?
> Reset the status icons?

Well, the current status is definitely unsatisfying since only 2 icons
out of 5 have been replaced. Frank's proposal is interesting and looks
very nice IMO, but it would be for you to validate it, given that it
does not fit the concept you outlined.

If we go the way of rolling back the current change, what is planned in
future phases of development? Are those bitmap icons going to be
replaced with higher definition ones? Or SVG?

Cheers

--

Francois Suter

Work: Cobweb Development Sarl - http://www.cobweb.ch