[TYPO3-core] (New) TYPO3 CMS Vision

Michael Stucki michael.stucki at typo3.org
Tue Aug 26 23:39:05 CEST 2014

Hi Philipp,

> To my knowledge, contributors are working on there free time on issues. They
> do what pleases them. Therefore any vision can only be:
> Would be cool to have X.
>
> Whether or not someone picks that up, is up to the contributors.

Who pays your bread? Why is it that you (contributors) work on the
things that you personally like, but not what your customers want?

I'm sure that we would even find paying sponsors if we come up with a
list of good projects. Did anyone try that out lately...?

> Just because some contributors feel responsible to work on not so easy
> features, does not make any predefined vision authoritative.
> If a vision is enforced, many contributions are lost.
>
> Disclaimer: I agree that it is good to have list of issues, attached with
> some priorities. However making certain visions authoritative reduces the
> importance and value of other contributions.

Sometimes I feel like I should say that some contributions have improved
TYPO3 to the worse. Then again, I think it's better to not speak that out...

Only because someone contributes a change does not mean that it
qualifies as a core feature for everyone. So yes we need authoritative
visions to make it clear for everyone if it's worth to work on a task...

Good night!

Michael