[TYPO3-core] (New) TYPO3 CMS Vision

Claus Due claus at phpmind.net
Tue Aug 26 16:30:34 CEST 2014

> It would be more of a problem if TER support is dropped in favour of
> something else, but that's not what you are suggesting.

Wouldn't dream of it - TYPO3 still needs a way to centralise, index,
document, dependency-track, deprecate and everything else, every
extension that exists.

All I wish for is that TER would be able to assimilate releases from
more sources than manual .t3x and .zip uploads and that this should
be an official goal not left to be solved by third-party code and services.

That being said: I still think the massive backlog of shipped legacy
extensions is a far greater problem than TER. Which is why I put that
as my very first item on the list.