[TYPO3-core] (New) TYPO3 CMS Vision

Stephan Großberndt s.grossberndt at sidebysite.de
Fri Aug 22 13:40:01 CEST 2014

Am 20.08.2014 um 08:51 schrieb Xavier Perseguers:
>>> - context_help. For me the yellow browser tooltips are enough help and
>>> the bubbles distract more than they actually help. The backend should be
>>> intuitive without needing any help and tooltips at all.
>>
>> I sometimes is this to find out what a field does exactly inside an
>> extension. If you do not work with the extension on a daily basis, this
>> becomes really helpful.
>
> Same here, but I agree that the way they are shown on mouse over is
> sometimes really disturbing and makes loosing time.

We use CSH in some projects quite extensively. In complex projects it is
very helpful. I also agree that it sometimes pops up when I don't want
it, but this should rather mean to work on it than drop it.

Maybe displaying a help icon behind the label (but I think this was
there once and was changed to simplify the layout).

The other thing is: there is a delay before opening the first CSH (which
may happen accidentally because you just used the top menu), when
hovering above another CSH label item it displays immediately. If the
box would be closed and only after another delay the CSH box for the
next item would be opened, they would not distract that much.