[TYPO3-core] (New) TYPO3 CMS Vision

Oliver Hader oliver.hader at typo3.org
Tue Aug 19 14:27:18 CEST 2014

Hi Michael,

Am 16.08.14 um 01:17 schrieb Michael Stucki:
> Hi Philipp, hi all!
>
>> I would keep the TYPO3 CMS backend, drop CMS frontend support and use Neos
>> for Frontend Editing. I guess Neos would need some work to fully work on
>> custom models (CMS tables), but it should be doable. The CMS backend would
>> need some love to read and edit content repository contents.
>
> Uhm... I haven't heard anyone requesting such a feature, so why do you
> think we should work on it?

If "content repository" is rephrases to "scenario and context to enable
complex and structured content entities", then a lot request for that.

TemplaVoila's Flexible Content Elements (FCE), Dynamic Conent Elements
(DCE) or GridElements are very good examples for that - however, a
content repository is much more flexible to serve these demands.

Thus: There are many requesting such a feature!

> I wouldn't object if this was a small and useful feature, but what you
> suggest sounds like rewriting Neos in TYPO3 CMS. What's the point of that?
>
> Here's a thought: Why do you want to spend your energy for projects like
> this in TYPO3 CMS instead of doing it the other way around and
> contribute your plans to TYPO3 Neos?

Hm, the other way round: Why not?!

This thread is just about brainstorming on topics and handing in crazy
ideas. I hope this helps us the determine expectations, motivation and
hopefully can be transformed into some vision for TYPO3 CMS. So please
let's put the pro/con discussions aside for a while and be crazy! Thx :)

All the best
Olly
--
Oliver Hader