[TYPO3-core] (New) TYPO3 CMS Vision

JoH asenau info at cybercraft.de
Sat Aug 16 09:07:05 CEST 2014

Am 16.08.2014 01:17, schrieb Michael Stucki:
> Hi Philipp, hi all!
>
>> I would keep the TYPO3 CMS backend, drop CMS frontend support and use Neos
>> for Frontend Editing. I guess Neos would need some work to fully work on
>> custom models (CMS tables), but it should be doable. The CMS backend would
>> need some love to read and edit content repository contents.
>
> Uhm... I haven't heard anyone requesting such a feature, so why do you
> think we should work on it?

I guess Philipp just referred to Olli's question, which was:

<quote>
One question on that "TYPO3 one world" product:
What would you take from the TYPO3 CMS world and what would you take
from the TYPO3 Neos universe to create this "TYPO3 Unify"?
</quote>

Since this thread is about visions and ideas, I guess this does not
necessarily mean, that somebody starts working on it or that this will
be done at all. So I would like to stay open minded and just do some
brain storming about a possible future of the TYPO3 product family.

Maybe we can concentrate on the "What would you do" part and put the
"What you should/must not do" part aside for a while? :-)

Just my 2 cents

Joey

Dieter Nuhr, German comedian
Xing: http://contact.cybercraft.de